Senior Manager Operations
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Direct reports: Engineering and Development Manager, Production Manager, SLS Manager
Reports to: Director Operations
Managing all production activities related to manufacturing and assembly of ammunitions
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- Masters’ Degree is preferred.
Qualifications and experience
- 8-10 years of experience gained through increasingly responsible director position in defense / manufacturing industry.
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts.
- Knowledge of ERP structure (SAP, Oracle Financial, Microsoft AX, etc.)
- Uses Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word)
Core behavioural competencies
- Planning and organizing
- Accountability, Attitudes and Ethics
- Customer and community focus
- Negotiation and influence
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Rresponsible for production and operational activities to obtain sustained production of all products required to meet the sales requirements, through the optimal utilization of capital, manpower and material resources
- Ensure that production plants and equipment are used in the prescribed manner to maintain a safe working environment
- Oversee and assist with compiling the plant and production department budgets. Ensure adherence to the plant and production department budgets. Monitor and account for deviations and apply for revisions where necessary.
- Develop production capacity, human resources and technology. Participate in the development and advancement of the Production Department personnel.
- Keep up to date with technological advances within the industry and make recommendations for improvement to the Operations Director.