Compliance Monitoring Lead
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CLOSES ON: 2020-02-26
Direct reports: TBA
Reports to: Head of Quality Compliance
To manage AMMROC Compliance Monitoring section that oversees all maintenance and safety compliance activities at assigned location.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Aerospace maintenance/ engineering/ quality management discipline or equivalent experience.
Qualifications and experience
- 10 – 12 years of experience in an aerospace maintenance and aircraft operating environment, preferably in military, of which at least 3 years in a similar position in a Quality/Safety function.
- Prior experience of conducting aerospace quality auditing to ISO AS9110 or equivalent military standard as lead auditor, certified by recognized QMS training authority desirable.
- Practical implementation experience of aviation standards such as ISO AS9100 series, Mil Part 145, CAR 145, DCMA 8210.1, and/or USAF AFI 21-101.
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance and human resource procedures
- Ability to manage a multitude of projects and tasks
- Ability to handle and manage change
- Sense of urgency and time management
- Solid track record of performance within the industry
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Tact and diplomacy through effective communication (oral and written) at all levels of the organization
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning, organizing, and integration skills
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Presentation skills
- Teamwork skills
- Organize and manage the activities and work of direct reports to ensure that all work within a specific team is completed to the required standards and in line with AMMROC operating policies and procedures.
- Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development.
- Support and develop opportunities to encourage knowledge and skill transfer to the UAE National workforce.
- Oversee performance management by establishing SMART objectives to motivate and enhance personnel development through effective formal and informal feedback.
- Develop and manage assigned QEHS personnel.
- Conduct performance reviews and ensure that Safety & Compliance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are tracked, analyzed, and utilized to ensure compliance with quality, safety, and regulatory standards.
- Conduct needs analysis to identify compliance and safety skill gaps and recommend technical training and personal development classes to close gaps. Review safety needs analysis findings in order to modify and improve existing compliance and safety programs.
- Provide recommendations to Compliance Monitoring Assistant Managers on how to improve maintenance, repair, and operation services from a compliance and safety perspective.
- Provide support and guidance as required to Customer, AMMROC management and workforce.
- Manage and address customer compliance and safety expectations and concerns, providing feedback to clients when they report critical issues.
- Initiate investigations and follow-up on corrective actions to ensure they are properly implemented and that client’s issues are resolved.
- Contribute to the preparation of the department budget and monitor financial performance of the Compliance Monitoring area versus the budget so that the business is aware of forecast cost and revenues, areas of underperformance are identified and opportunities to improve performance are capitalized upon.
- Implement the day-to-day operations assigned for the local Compliance Monitoring section to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
- Notify the appropriate agencies when deficiencies that affect services or products offered by AMMROC are discovered to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist with the planning, monitoring and reporting on the performance of the Compliance Monitoring section in line with the requirements of both AMMROC and regulatory requirements.
- Provide sign-off for the release of product, as required related to work packages, parts and/or aircraft.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to AMMROC’s management on compliance and/or any updates to the standards or regulations that may affect upon the product or service delivered.
- Maintain an effective network of internal and external lines of communication with all applicable stakeholders.
- Effectively prioritize work in order to ensure QEHS services are efficiently delivered.
- Support the deployment and development of capable competent QEHS professionals to undertake monitoring and surveillance activities within the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure maintenance and repair services comply with Customer, AMMROC and Regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and conduct random checks/ sampling on the performance of assigned CMS/CMI and Operations Technicians to ensure they are fully qualified to carry out their responsibilities.
- Investigate quality complaints and violations, recommend Corrective Action (CA), and ensure all related follow-up activities are completed.
- Evaluate and assess the capabilities of personnel charged with Compliance Monitoring, by developing, obtaining, and documenting any required recurring training IAW departmental policies.
- Implement approved policies, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a safe and standardized manner.
- Ensure amendments to standards and practices are incorporated to all applicable policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure, actively promote and support adherence to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls, emphasizing employee safety, legislative compliance and to promote a responsible environmental attitude.
- Prepare statements and reports timely and accurately to meet AMMROC and departmental requirements, policies and standards.
- When called upon, assist the CMM to present compliance data and reports at the Management Review of Quality (MRoQ) meetings.
- Ensure accurate data is presented and records are taken at MRoQ meetings, and resultant actions are completed in the appropriate system.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.